Search This Blog

Friday, 15 April 2011

Mint Raita

I am having a few friends over for lunch today, and I've marinated some lovely pieces of Tandoori Chicken in the fridge overnight. I'm expecting all the flavours of the marinade to have soaked in and tenderised the meat, so that when I barbeque it, it is hot and crisp on the outside and wonderfully tender on the inside.

I'm ready now to make the light and refreshing Mint Raita that I intend to serve with my chicken.
Raita is really one of my favourite dishes: healthy, cooling and delicious, it can serve as a welcome accompanimemnt to most Indian meals, counterbalancing the spicyness of the food, with its cool, fresh tartness. With a bit of creativity, Raita can be made with several ingredients, but today, I've settled on a lovely Mint Raita to go with my meal.

Here is what I need:

 - 200g natural yoghurt
 -1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp anardana (dried, groud pomegranate seeds - optional)
- 1/2 tspn chilli powder
- 1/2 tspn cumin powder
- 1 tspn sugar
- Salt, to taste

Simply blend all the ingredients together in a food processor. Garnish with a few corriander leaves and a sprinking of cumin and chilli powders (just for some colour!). Serve chilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment