Search This Blog

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Harissa Chicken & Rocket

I'm back.
And delighted to be so.
Let's just leave it at that :)

The other thing that's back, I am even more delighted to report, is the sun.

I now get why English people moan continually about the weather.
They don't really know what the golden orb is, poor old things.
Rather they just go through life, white and pale and vitamin-D deficient, moaning continually about the weather.

I - by the way - am no exception.
I look just bloody awful.  And would give my left arm for a nice, brown tan. (Not really, but you know what I mean). Seriously though, look at me now, and you wouldn't guess I was brown. Which is quite as well, because Sid thinks I was born the wrong colour in the wrong country. Which is probably true, all true. I'd always dreamed of a wedding in a flowing white dress with swans all around, that's for sure.
I've told him this, by the way, on several ocassions. Which always makes him have a good ol laugh.

Anyway, anyhow...wasted words because the sun is out.
Yes.
And so I shall stop moaning and get on with it.

Here's a fantastic recipe from the fantastic James Duigan, personal trainer for many famous people including the beautiful Elle Macpherson. I'm not famous, and I can't afford James, but I can afford his book (thank god for small mercies), and because of that, and because you know me, and because you read my blog and because I like to share: here it is, adapted accordingly.

Harissa Chicken & Rocket

(yeah, I always like a bit of colour...)

Here's what you need:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa
- 1 generous bunch coriander, chopped finely
- Rocket leaves
- Dollop natural yogurt

Here's how you do it:
Marinate the chicky-chick in harissa, garlic, olive oil and half the coriander for an hour
Preheat the grill to high. Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 7 minutes of each side. Remove from grill, sprinkle over the remaining coriander, lay over a bed of Rocket and pour on as much yogurt as you like.

Guys & gals - try this, I beg you.
It takes no time to prepare, sits in the grill for 14 minutes precisely and it leaves you feeling absolutely fantastic. It's not diet food, there's nothing artificial in it, the portions are extremely generous, and I'll leave you to report back on taste.

Ciao for now (while I stuff my face).
More tomorrow!
x





No comments:

Post a Comment